There’s a LOT happening in the world right now. As I write this, I hope you are safe and well, and that those you love are also safe and well.
As I write this, I’m observing day 6 of a 14-day self-quarantine, and the California statewide #SaferAtHome initiative is now on Day 2. The entertainment industry has ground to halt, which affects not only me, but so many people I care about.
This post aggregates whatever resources I’ve come across that may be helpful as you navigate our “new normal.”
- If you are a freelancer affected by COVID-19 related work stoppage, the Covid 19 Freelance Artist Resource is a crowdsourced page organized by topic.
- If you’re looking for ways to “live your best quarantined life,” I love this post from Morning Brew (you may need to subscribe for access – but it’s free).
- The Hustle also has a great guide to “conscious consumerism” – how you can stay safe but also support small businesses and your neighbors during this time of self-isolation and social distancing. (Another one that may ask you to subscribe for access – but also free.)
- Tim Ferriss recently shared this one, if you find yourself in need of financial help during this time: Findhelp.org. Type in your zip code and it will list what’s available in your area.
- SAG-AFTRA members: the SAG Foundation has a disaster relief fund you can apply for if your work has been affected by COVID-19. More info/application here. (And if you are in a position to donate, please do so.)
How are you holding up? Do you have a resource to share? Get in touch and let me know.
Be well, be safe and be good to each other out there.